Healthy living isn’t about giving up delicious foods and cocktails you love. It’s about enjoying them in moderation and exploring healthier foods to eat and alcohol to drink when you’re on a diet. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 10 of the best low-calorie drinks to enjoy when you’re trying to lose weight.
10 of the Healthiest Cocktails to Order If You’re on a Diet
You don’t have to give up your favorite cocktails. Instead, check out these 10 healthy options:
- Vodka Martinis are a simple and classy option that will keep your calorie count as low as 130. Just make sure not to order them dirty, as the olive juice will add a significant amount of sodium to this cocktail.
- A simple Manhattan is delicious, and it’s also relatively low in calories with only about 140 per drink.
- If you love Mojitos, simply ask for this summertime favorite to be made without the simple syrup to enjoy a skinny version that might just be the best low-calorie summer cocktail there is.
- Flavored Vodka & Club Soda is a good option if you’re looking for a little flavor in your cocktail, but don’t want to deal with the extra sugar that would come with flavored mixers.
- Mimosas aren’t just for brunch anymore! Champagne has only 95 calories per serving, so we suggest just splashing in some orange juice for color and letting the champagne take over in the flavor department.
- A Hot Toddy is a great option anytime the temperature dips low enough to have you craving a warm beverage. Made with tea, honey and brandy, this low-calorie cocktail choice clocks in at around 165 calories per cup.
- Try a Sea Breeze for a more flavorful take on a vodka cranberry while cutting out a few unnecessary calories. Since you’ll be using more grapefruit juice than cranberry juice, you can expect this cocktail to average about 180 calories.
- Any Liquor & Diet Soda cocktail is going to feel like the best low-calorie drink when you’re trying to lose weight, but you love the refreshing taste of carbonation. Try sticking with sodas light in color to reduce calorie counts even more.
- Enjoy a Mudslide on the Rocks by combining one-ounce coffee liqueur, one-ounce vodka and one-and-a-half ounces of Irish cream liqueur. Shake well and pour over ice. It has the same delicious taste of its frozen counterpart at a fraction of the calories.
- Dry Red Wine isn’t really a cocktail, but it’s delicious. It also has healthy antioxidants and only 100 calories per glass. Just be sure not to drink too much, or you’ll likely suffer a nasty hangover.
Best Alcohol to Drink When You’re Trying to Lose Weight
While the mixers you add to your spirits to create these delicious cocktails is where the majority of your calories are going to come from, don’t forget that not all alcohol is created equal when it comes to their calorie counts. Stick with these low-calorie cocktail spirit choices and you’ll be fine: tequila, bourbon, vodka, whiskey and gin.
And, if you’re looking for some unique juices, flavored waters and other beverages to mix into your cocktails, Beverage Universe is the place to go. Take a look at our huge beverage selection today!